Thursday, September 4, 2008

Scatty

I have had such a scatty day.. started out talking to my internet friend that i have not heard from for about 4months or more. Out of the woodworks they climb.Then i walked down... stunning day for a walk.. had lunch.,..the usual..subway for lunch. Cheap and cheerful.

Swung by my regular hangout (the post office) sent a few things to a few friends, some pen pal letters and a painting. I hope they will like what i sent. There were a few letters for me.. both great... and lovely . Especially the letter from angiebear. Filled with an array of whimsical things. Also my pen pal sent me a lovely simple bracelet.

So I sat with some music on and wrote a poem.. something just well just felt right to pen a poem after about 5years of chucking it in.... so want to read it? Ok here goes...



BEACON,

Could i ever shine from within
if you saw my pale pale skin
a beacon in the night
a bird about to take flight

Supressng feelings here and there
talking with no care
music, i would dance
no man i gave a chance

Happy to be self'
friends are a form of wealth
didnt care about money
no sugar and no honey

Vibrant then, now at 30
reflecting back and getting shirty
I was always breaking hearts
and forever dodging cupids darts

So now alone i ponder
many battles to conquer
fighting back tears
trying to turn back the years

Moving forward is not rare
to keep avoiding my nightmares
and living dreams
from within the beacon gleams

ally miles


So I said ive been scatty as a catty.. had a few tears here and there.Now ive got my coffee... and well..i better get going now..im making roast tomato soup.

love albell

1 comment:

Wanderin' Jane said...

Oooh honey I have some music to send you, whats your address?