Thursday, April 10, 2008

Roasted pumpkin,spinach and feta slice

1.2kg pumpkin peeled , deseeded cut into 3cm pieces.
2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
oilve oil
100g baby spinach
75greduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
8 eggs
1/3 cup low fat milk
8 thin slices crusty bread, to serve

1 Preheat oven to 230 c Line large roasting pan with baking paper. Plce pumpkin and onion in roasting pan. Spray with oil, season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat. Spread vegetables over base of pan roast for 18 to 20minutes or until golden and tender. Remove from oven.Place spinach over vegetables and stand for 3 minutes or until wilted.
2 Grease a 3.5 cm deep slab pan or baking dish. Line base and sides with baking paper allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends. Spread pumpkin and spinach over base of pan, Top with feta.

3 Whisk eggs, milk salt and pepper in a jug. Pour over feta. Bake for 35 minutes or until set. Stand slice for 10minutes. Serve with crusty bread.

serves 4 (i think it serves more but that is with a salad i guess)

**********

What is a beautiful moment I remember? Sitting on a boat in the middle of the fjords Norway.. at midnight when it was still light..and just listening to the silence around. That was many years ago now. What is a beautiful moment recently? reflecting on that moment. Its not moving me forward but its not going back either.

How can a girl so loved, have so much hate for herself? It just floated into my head and out. I can answer that. I see my reflection and I want to change. I have abused myself with food. So why start monday when you can start today? I had a reading once and the lady said "you have taken the back seat in life with everything" How correct is she? A lot.

How to shift yourself from a mental rut into a positive light? I am listening to dads accident re-told. I have time for this. Its good for him to talk about it.. but i dont think he has ever fully recovered. Its a whole pandoras' box.. how to muster all your might into 20 seconds.. a decision between life and death. When your heart says go but your body says nO. So in some way I have seen his accident from his point of view. Somewhere he has not spoken of to me ever. He remembers everything clear as a bell. I think he should do motivational speaking.

Well I must get going and start dinner.

No comments: