Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Snap Happy



I got a little snap happy this afternoon... so these are the best photos of two pieces of work that i am happy with. The gold tree i must get the glass cleaned and put back together properly. The butterflies are just so pretty. I used these plastic snow like coins with some beads and a few butterflies.. i like the lay out, its in a very 70s looking frame. I felt like making it into something more than what it is.. but its too late for that now. Whats done is done.

The tree is just beautiful. The gold like jewelery i broke up and the tree leaves which i pulled off the candles around the house. All make for a lovely picture, Easy on the eye. I am not painting today. I already went for a walk and got some groceries. I have just about shopped out all this week, Its time to use the staples from the pantry me thinks. I was so tempted to make this orange and rasin pie from donna hays winter issue but mum gave me a MASSIVE lecture about my weight again. *sighs* I know she is right thats the problem. So i will have to cook more healthily. I guess i have indulged so i face the bulge.

I have here a cup of lovely strawberry and vanilla green tea. Lots of anti oxidents. I must say i am enjoying my meals more without coke. Used to hide the falvours in sugary syrup.. now we only buy i t on occasions.. which is about once a fortnight. I have to book the place for my birthday, im booking it for 12... if more come, (which i doubt) then more come.

Well mum presented to me just how much i have spent on books oe about 10years and she is probably right in saying that is well over 5grand, so.. what do I do? I'll borrow from the library again me thinks... or look thoroughly in the op shops.Sometimes there are absolute gold mine for books.

Scooter has been a real cudddly dog today, on and off my lap for some odd reason. She is usually out in the garden with dad. She shares her time equally between us. Curled up on the seat asleep at the moment. We have had her for about 10/11 years now. She seems young to me though. We love her. She favors scott if he was here.. rolls on her tummy for him all the time.

No comments: