Thursday, March 20, 2008

Brownie

This brownie is amazing, I popped it in the fridge overnight... and its come up trumps.
I will make potato leak and onion soup tomorrrow night for tomrrow nights tea
Today it is fish day.. although dad is allergic so he is having scrambled eggs. I have made this soup before... it is light has a great texture... i will use vegeat... a vegetable stock that is wheat free. It tastes so delcious. I hope they have re-stocked the shops with easter eggs or else.. i have missed out. I was going to buy a bag and give a small handful out... that is my way of thinking if i cant get the eggs i want. *sighs*

POTATO LEEK AND ONION SOUP

Ingredients
# 4 large leeks, washed and sliced
# 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
# 1 medium onion, chopped
# 2 ounces butter
# 1 1/2 pints chicken stock
# 1/2 pint milk
# heavy cream(to taste)
Directions

1.
1
Melt butter in a large saucepan.
2.
2
Add leeks, onions and potatoes and stir.
3.
3
Cover saucepan and sweat veg for 10-15 minutes.
4.
4
Add stock and milk and bring to boil.
5.
5
Replace lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
6.
6
Blend the soup and return to the saucepan.
7.
7
Season and add cream to taste.


Now lets see... it is good friday so nothing is on and i am here at home . I finished the book. Its such a great book... it took her about 13 years to put it all together... though she said she had the book in mind for the past 30 yrs. WOW is what i say to it. It left me breathless..stunning Im heading out to chinese food next friday and then to a few bars. I am not sure what they are like but I have to find somewhere to have my birthday.. an di dont want a crap bar as in the past few years have been.

So what now? Well lets see.. i going to photograph the garden.. and dads tomatoes for roman. Also photograph stuff so we can sell it on ebay. Finally getting my arse into gear about it. I am going to make a flask of tea up for the beach.

Well i will write more later alligator

No comments: