Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Quiche

I am making a simple quiche for dinner. The pastry is in the fridge.Im using the recipe from Cookery the Australian Way an old book that we all had in high school. It has the basics of most food.. most food that is simple is best.

Quiche Lorraine

Short crust pastry
(i made mine)

6 spring onions chopped
2 bacon rashers chopped
1 cup of milk
4 eggs
pepper
1/2 cup of grated tasty cheese


1 set oven to 200
2roll out pastry and line tin
3 combine the rest of the ingredients except cheese and put into base
4sprinkle cheese over top
5 bake 15minutesat 200 reduce temperature to 160 and bake until set
6 serve (with salad)

I put extra bacon and used a spanish onion also added some semi sundried tomatoes. So im a hoping it turns out. Im also baking it at a constant heat of 170. So it may take an hour to cook. I only had about a quarter of a cup cheese as that is all we had. I used what we there was around the house.


Aside from that my day has been quite uneventful. I stayed home all day.. wrote some letters (long overdue) and just did basic house chores. I have a pile of ironing that i have just been putting off and putting off and slowly the pile has gotten rather high.

So i have a few birthdays coming up and not sure what i should get for them both. Well we will see. I would love to be someones personal shopper what fun it would be. o go to their house.. get a feel for what they like and go shopping for them. Dream Job and buggered if i know how to get a job like that!

Anyhow better go check on the quiche.

the earrings i ordered are in the post so i should have them in my hot little hands by tomorrow.
signing out

No comments: