Monday, May 26, 2008

Tuesdays Spin.

Tonight we are having Pumpkin soup.. this recipe.. im sort of adapting it.. but making it a little different to this recipe... im not using tinned pumpkin (YUcK WHO INVENTED THAT?) and Im not using evaporarted milk either... im adding potatoes.. but no salt as the vegeta stock will have enough salt.. and pepper well dad hates that, so mum and I can add it to ours. So ive just fiddled with it a little bit.

Pumpkin Soup

Bit of olive oil
1 cut onion (im using 1 and a half)
2 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups vegeta
1 can pumpkin (im using half a butternut one and some potatoes to thicken)
A bit of evaporated milk. (im using a little real milk / some cream)

1 Cook onion and garlic in olive oil til brownish
2 stir in curry powder , psalt pepper and cook for 1 minute
3add stock and pumpkin bring to boil and simmer for 20minutes
4 stir in milk/cream before serving.


There you have it a tweaked pumpkin soup. Im hoping it tastes as nice as it sounds. Usually mum cooks the pumpkin soup with only the knowledge. Im hoping this is similar to hers... I did search on Zaarr. There were so many recipes. I could spend hours. but i look for for relatively simple ones.

Oh whilst I was at Tamms house... i went through some magazines and pulled out some really easy desert recipes. Im hoping that when friends come to visit i can try them out. There is a simple one that just requires strawberries. icing sugar and slivered almonds put under a grill. May have to leave that one til summer.. and mayb look at the citrus based deserts.

I have had a twitchy eye nearly all afternoon.. its reall giving me grief. Im hoping to do the markets this weekend with dad.. even though i dont have a lot of new work to take with me. I have made cards


Im glad i walked even though it was cold out. Ive only just put the heater on.
Brrrr. It will be icy this evening. Dad has just started gaardening even though its gone 4 and the sun has gone away... and its getting dark. Wonder why he has a sore back? Hmmmm *quirks a brow* I wonder.

Anyhow. I am thankful. I wonder if the cards got to louise today. Im sure i'll hear from her. Has my faith been restored? Don't know just yet. I better get cooking good looking.


ciao

No comments: