Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Loss

Just when you think you have put on weight... you lose some. Just. Very little but hey its a start. Right? Next month will be a different story! I weakened today and bought myself a small chocolate bar... shared half with dad. (who is currently a sleep on teh floor)(taking a grandpa nap.)

I am making bake beans for dinner.. a donna hay recipe. it goes as follows (only i am doing half the amount)

Three baked beans

1 tbls of oil
2 onions
4 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon of oragano
sea salt and cracked pepper
400g butter beans, drained and rinsed
2x 400g borlotti beans drained and rinsed
400g white beans drained and rinsed
500 nml of tomato puree
1 cup vegetable stock
1/3 cup red wine
1 tblespoon brown sugar

Heat frying pan over high heat. Add the il, onions, garlic,oregano,salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until onions are a golden colour. Add the butter,borlotti and cNNELLINI BEANS, tomato puree, vegetable stock, wine and sugar and simmer for 10minutes or until mixture has thickened. Serve with bacon and hot buttered toast. Serves 4.

Yesterday i was wilting the spinach and from it came a dead bug so i threw the whole lot away... so i managed to compensate that with a whole tub of sundried tomatoes. Which made it taste ok. I am still learning (Forever) how to cook. Im not that good with meats and things like that. I avoid them, so all my cooking is generally vegetarian. Which isnt so bad. Tomorrow night I will make some indian food.

I know i shouldn't have bought wasabi peas but i couldn't help it. I love them. Probably as bad as a bag of chips really. Oh well. I will eat only a handful a day.

Anyhow. Nothing too great going on here. I looked in the opshops, saw a few nice bowls that i could use for my inks.. but thought better of it. I think i will get back to painting next week. The next few days are supposed to be scorchers.

take care out there.

No comments: