Friday, January 25, 2008

Where to start?

Where do I start? Today? No lets begin Wednesday... I headed to the city in the afternoon... changing once again to a connex train.. should i call it snail express? It stops at every bloody stop to the city. So it takes about 1 and a bit hours from there. I didnt mind as i buried my head in a book. Dare i add that it was a chic lit? Due to me having read just about everything i picked the book up from the op-shop. I will dispose of it "(thoughtfully) at the swap box in the library.

Got to the city.. went to a few book shops tracing the book about elizabeth david.. do u think any of them had it? NOPE. Im a hopeless detective.( It turns out its in the abc store.. which i will check next time im in the city. ) Met up with lucy outside the market on elizabeth st. Walked around the corner and almost had a heart attack due to the ampunt of people at the night market.. i guess its peak time for travellers here for the tennis and all that jazz.. seemed like every man and his dog was there.

Getting food meant waiting patiently in the queue.. so i did.. yet again i chose to had pad thai... this time it was a massive serving. Not bad for $10. I might go there again with tammy but a bit later at night perhaps at 9pm or something. Its kind of hippyish. Really well laid out. Two stages for music. Different styles.

Stopped at a few stalls. Looked around... i found this ladies paintings so beautiful.. so i bought two... they are little paintings on wood. Really beautiful. Ill take a photo (when i get the photos off the camera from mums trip away. That was all i purchased.. i could have bought oh so much more.. but resisted.

Made our way back to lucy and pauls house... tried to play scrabble but couldnt get into it... so i went to bed and read for a while. Got up the next day at about 6am
just read my book for a while.. then said goodbye and headed to the city.

I met up with Evonne, took her to the cafe bondplace.. i should have known it wasnt her style of cafe... but the food there is really quite delicious. POr at least i think so. I had toast with ricotta, prosutto and figs... ive never eaten figs before... but the combination was really lovely. Evonne had egg something or other but found shell in it and ordered maple syrup and bacon french toast.

We then headed to a another lunch place... and had the WORST coffee ive ever had in my life.. it was horrible.. even with two sugars... (ok so i have a sweet tooth)It tasted like it was burnt. Absolutely vile. My shoe kept coming off.. much to my dismay. So then decided to go and get some new shoes... i got some burkies again.. i know they take FOREVER to wear in... but then they mould and adjust to your feet... my my i tortured my feet and we werent even out of the dfo. What had i done? I had blisters the size of texas on them. Man so im looking out for some other shoes. No doubt at the cheap shoe store here.

Well of all the stupid things i have done.... I popped my old shoes in the brown bag,, and guess who left on the tram? Oh yeah the bright spark: ME. Oh shit. They weren't cheap shoes either. So i lost my sandels and had no choice but to walk around in burkies. Said goodbye to evonne then on my way to meet up with Catherine.

It was a lovely day... went to fed square to a place called chocolate buddah and just had lemon lime bitters and sat there chatting..about all sorts of things...before i caught the train back home.. it was sardine city everyone heading home... and i can tell you BACKPACKS are a pain in the arse, but i had little choice.

So i got home..relatively fast actually. Well friday rocks around.. and thats about where i will leave this.

tata

No comments: