Monday, June 30, 2008

Pen Pal

Today.. I got a letter from a pen pal.. not a short one neither.. try 46 pages worth (and you thought i like to write? ) So what is the easiest way for me to respond? Go through it bit by bit. Just answer a little morsel at a time. I started to read it 6 pages in... and i got distracted,. so i think the best time is tomorrow morning with some music and a lovely pot of tea.. break out the good china and read..

I got a letter off a friend.. she wrote something that resonates with me. Its a beautiful heartfelt letter. I wrote back and sent this amazingly great book called.. Banana Heart Summer.. about a girl who escapes the abuse of her mother through cooking at her nieghbours house. Its got some recipes in there.. etc. its a brilliant book of fiction.... and im positive she will love it. I know i enjoyed it muchly. I will have to buy another copy of that book. I also have to claim my Alexander McCall Smith Books back off Lucy.

I feel that cooking comes from the heart. Cant cook when ur angry shouldnt cook when your sick.. (well i shouldnt) and more than that put a lot of love into dishes. Thats an ingredient that needs to be shared and given. Probably cant be tasted.. but embers of it should be there! Silly talk? Probably. (Im Constantly growing and taking heed of those learning curves)

so I better be polly and put the kettle on

ciao for now.

albell

No comments: