Saturday, February 9, 2008

Beautiful

I made some beautiful pastry yesterday.. for the flan. That is about the only thing that is good about the flan... the rest was a total disaster. I will so make that pastry again.. it was really odd it needed an egg in it and i thought.. oh dear. but it worked out smashingly.

I used up all of dads tomatoes which is also good. I bought some basil.. i had pasta for lunch, with some basil and olivey sauce.So im all set until dinner time. I got thinking, I was just in a day dream type state thinking about things in my past... like meeting Minoru and how carefree I used to be. I am watching that film Serendipity.. its making me a little sad. about things and events , How much i used to leave things up to fate. I have not cried like this in absolute ages.

STupid films.

Tomorrow I am going to make Lemon Yoghurt Cake..from good taste magazine.:
recipe is as follows
1 lemon
100g butter
150g caster sugar
2 eggs
160 yoghurt
175g self raising flour

Method.
preheat oven to 180c Grease pan.
1 finely grate lemn rind and juice the fruit add in lemon rind and juice the fruit. Ass in lemon juice and use beaters to mix together butter and sugar until creamy.
2 Add eggs one at a time add youghurt and stir until combined.
3 Gently fold in flour with a spoon until combined.
4spoon mixture into pan and make a smooth surface.
Bake 20-25 minutes and remove and place on a wire rack...
4 to make syrup use 50g of sugar and 2tablespoons of lemon juice in sauce pan until sugar has disolved bring to boil then stir over low heat pour of warm cake and cool in pan.

So the recipe should work. I will give it a go and see how it turns out.

take care out there
love
albell.

No comments: