Thursday, October 4, 2007

Banana Cake

Yesterday I felt like baking, just using what there is in the house. I try to do this as much as I can. I made a banana cake i put one extra banana in just for good measure.

Banana Bread

1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of milk
2 cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp of salt,

1 cream sugar and butter together
2 add egg bananas and milk *mix well*
3add flour (i omitted the salt) , baking powder, stir in mashed banana
3pour into prepared loaf tin bake for 50minutes at 190/200 degrees until toothpick/skewer
coms out clean.

Instead of 2 cups of plain flour i used 1 cup self raising flour and one cup plain flour. I didnt put the salt nor baking soda in either and it still turned out perfectly.. next time im going to make double. It was a really beautiful cake. I recommend it.

What else? Well I need to buy my brace for my hand still.. its quite sore. Today was an increably blustery day.. it couldn't make up its mind weather it wanted to be hot or cold. So i iopted for my jacket and burkies... looking quite erm odd... specailly with a scarf on too. Almost like it were winter. I bought a sandwhich for mum and I to share.

I will post tammy her birthday card tomorrow or else it won't get to her on time. I just found out that another one of my fav authors has another 2 books out. Must get them. The first one was very ennjoyable, so imagine the others will be just as good. i have gone back to Archer out of sheer lack of funds. I want to start reading his prison diaries soon.

Well what more can I think of? Not alot. I didnt work today at all. I took the day off. I had good intentions i put on my work clothes. Well I think I shall go now. Inspector rex is on.

raaaaaa!

1 comment:

Kate said...

How many bananas???