Thursday, October 4, 2007

Potato and Lentil Soup

5 cups chicken stock or water
1 cup red lentils
3 medium onions
750 g sweet potatoes
5 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 cup coriander, chopped (or less to your taste)
1 lemon

salt and black pepper

Not the one? See other Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup Recipes

  1. Peel and roughly chop the onions and sweet potatoes - can be chunky.
  2. Combine with the stock or water, lentils, garlic, cumin, cayenne and turmeric in a pot.
  3. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer until the potatoes and lentils are cooked - about 20-30 minutes.
  4. Puree the soup, adding in the coriander and the juice of the lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste (lots of pepper for me).

This is what i have made for dinner tonight. Instead of the usual friday night special of bakedbeans on toast. I omitted the pepper and put only 3 cloves or garlic in. I had a little less stock and used some normal potatoes aswell. Hopefully with all the spices it will taste nice and not bland. The smell is wafting through the house now.. smells absolutely yum. have yoghurt in the fridge to add to serve it with. Once again I didnt have to go anywhere, just have a well stocked pantry! Which is good. I try to use what we have rather than going to the shops all the time which works out to be so expensive cause you buy more than you need.

I am going to make something nice dad bought me a brown frame which i shall use. with all the gold looking jewellery. I am thinking i will crush up some christmas ornaments and pebbles as a background it needs some (As my little sister would say ) "oomph". I think i can get a small lot of pebbles from kmart. Oh i am buying an IPOD i will test the waters once again. I was thinking about the more expensive one. *sighs*

Well aside from that I have slacked off once again, just not feeling in that a creative mood today. I have slowed down alot this week. Better pick up the pace next week. Anyhow. I better go check on the soup. keep you in the loop!





1 comment:

Ruben Bike said...

it looks great... i will do it