Saturday, October 13, 2007

Crowded Tents and Silly Queues

On our way to the docklands mum had a fall, she has hurt her arm, I said it better not be broken... she is dealing with the pain at the moment..waiting til tomorrow to get it xrayed. She fell in the middle of the road thank god the lights didnt change til she was up and safely on the footpath. Walking to meet louise these people stopped us and gave us their wrist bands so we got in for nothing. Saved me $18

Went to the paper expo yesterday, It was sardine city. Everyone squished,, stalls hard to get into, lady showing us some wicked stamping, the tent was waaayyyyyy over crowded. No wonder they are expanding it to caufield racecourse next year. It will be much better. It was so hard to get to any of the stalls... so we walked around and around. Got some cute fridge magnets, not as much paper as i would have liked but enough for the moment.

I got this beautiful textured paper. Its got a floral pattern on it.I will be using that this week no doubt. The queues to buy things were crazy. It was sooooo packed.

Then Louise had enough and decided to take us to airport west to the spotlight there, due to it having more of what i needed rather than fighting to pay for things.
Man i have never seen a bigger spotlight in my life. Full of craft things and thomas the tank engine napkins, cake topping thing and some party blowers. Hehe its gonna be one NOISY PARTY! Thanks to two crazy aunsties. I was gonna get some whistles but I dont think nicola would have liked that! LOL

I got some supples of beads and things for a piece im going to make for my cousin for her 40th birhday. I already have in my mind what i am going to make. Its all in my head at the moment just have to acutalisze it and see what eventuates.

What else. Well we just hung out in starbucks for an hour then walked around for the rest of the day. Not doing much else. I could have spent an absolute fortune at that craft show but i resisted. I thought no. Im saving my pennies. It was sardine city o n the train as well. What looked like a whole group of school teenagers caught the train and hopped off at moe . Loads of them and they all knew one another.'

Its early sunday morning and I am just relaxing. Im up early as per usual. Today I am making dads surprise garden for dad. Got alot of shade loving plants to put in. Anyhow im going to go make myself a coffee.

No comments: