Monday, August 6, 2007

Afternoon Natter

This afternoon got home from down the street, made dad lunch. I made him banana sandwhich.. It could almost be classed as gourmet with the price sky rocketing to a high of $7.99per kg. Making them alomost a luxury item. It is a must have in this household. I have about enough money for a postage stamp at the moment!

Aside from that little grumble... I sat down and had a chat to dad. He was talking about his shipping days, record collecting. Two of his favourite things. I think that it is good to have a chat. Some of his stories are very funny. Specially one where they made him smoke a stack of seaweed in order for him to stop smoking. Though come to imagine I can't see him with a cigarette in his hand.

It is now 5ish I have made lovely spinach, feta and rice dish. One which is a little bit salty but its edible. I felt like doing some home cooking so I have made stuffed apples. It is such a simple dish to make.. and I can;t believe I haven't made them until now. Its just a bit like apple crumble topping stuffed into the apple. They are in the oven as I write. I made a mess of the kitchen.

Today I received a parcel from Leanne. With some of cousins art work in the booklets a letter a cute little bear and the book called the secret. I have been delaying reading mums copy of that now I have my own , I have no excuse. Its all character building. I have come into my own I think. I may not be as flourishing as my friend Tammy who has taken to China like a duck to water. Throughout our 25year friendship I don't think I've ever heard her be so free and out there experiencing new things with fresh eyes.

I must check on the apples. I must tell dad to come inside... now I know that call will fall on deaf ears.. he is always outside, I must admit he does do a good job of the garden. I would like a patch of earth in order to create a little garden. However thats not to be... so I have all my pots on the front porch.

No comments: