Thursday, August 2, 2007

Two soups in one day.

Soup: It started out good.. I had to get dad to slice up the pumpkin as I would have sliced my fingers off. I could see dads skill when using the knife.. explaining as he was going. I wonder why he doesn't cook anymore. (though I remember the last time he made scones they were like rock cakes and you could knock someone out with them.) It was real nice to talk to dad about his shipping days. You can see a light in his eyes. I'm sure he can't wait for Roman to grow older so he can tell him stories about sea travels. I put too much water in the curry and a "Tad" overly heavy handed with the chili. So today I am making it into a soup. It needs more curry powder to balance it out with. That will be tonights dinner. At the moment I have tomatoes in the oven, for making soup with. I forgot to cover them in oil...oops oh well I will remove them from their skins. Two soups in one day.

I feel a bit puzzled. I was up at 4am for two hours I just couldn't sleep any longer. So I got up and then went back to sleep at about 6am only to wake up when mum was walking out the door to go to work. Puzzles. I love the word puzzles in the paper where you have a word of nine letters and you have to work out what it is along side other smaller words of four or more. I can usually get to the ranking of good. I guess will have to suffice.

The tomato soup was a hit. Piping hot with toast. I am thinking of making vegan chocolate cakes now. So far this week I have been more of a cook than anything else. Dad would like me to use his old cookbook that he used at sea. So to make him happy, I will make something from that. I will look at something a bit simple. "Simple is best" I hear mum say. I have not made a cheesecake in years, since i lived in Richmond. It is a bit tricky without a blender. In a way it is blessing that we don't have one!

I posted all my letters today. Yes I spend a fortune on stamps. none the less, I love snail mail. There is something about it. Its like a lost art in a way. These days email is much easier.. i guess it is when you travel that you can keep up with friends. A week has gone past and I have written a lot. it is nice to write once again.

post more later. ciao

No comments: