Sunday, August 12, 2007

Big Smoke

Started out on a crowded train, lots of day trippers I suppose. Well that is obvious as it was a Sunday after all. Started out great in the city, went straight to the QV centre stood outside the tea shop just in time for it to open.. Evonne and I were like to kids about to step into a candy store. I went a little bananas, as expected. I got six teas. I think she gave me a100gram bag for $18 instead of $36 cause I checked the docket when I got home and when I emptied the bag it was a 100grams. So thank you tea shop. Thank you lovely girl behind the counter. I am well stocked now and happy. I am currently drinking cassis and blueberry tea. As mum commented last night "Its nice to have good tea back in the house" It REALLY is. Tea is like a morning ritual, I usually drink it in the morning and save my coffee for the afternoons.

We walked to our next destination.. Lunch. Though it was a bit expensive and the service was crap and the food was not what i remember it to be. So I wont be going back there in a hurr, if ever again. I felt bad because it wasn't all that good. Im going to have to find other places in the city to eat. I am so out of touch with places to go. Next time Evonne can pick.

After lunch we saw a sign that said "handbag and shoes exhibiton"and thought we hit the jackpot. So we walked all the way down the concourse.. only to find out that its for traders only. Damn! Turned away at the door. Ended up at the DFOoutlet at Spencer street. I did all my shopping earlier in the day. I bought Tales of Earthsea too. So now I have yet another new book to read. This time it is four in one. Saved a packet. I would like to see the animation to this. Im not sure if it is out on dvd yet.

The train hope was packed too... being sunday at four thirty I am not surprised. There were two giggle pots on the train laughing and laughing. Its infectious. Sleepy heads too. Dad and I just chatted for nearly the whole way home. I lose myself in books when traveling,. Not this time. Dad found a few gems and I spent the day with great company. It was a lovely day out In the big smoke.

I watched the free dvd of cath and kim that came free with the paper. Its hilarious. Can't wait for it to start next sunday.

No comments: